17th April 2022
Popular Treatment Areas For Dermal Fillers And Their Benefits
As an established aesthetic clinic based near Portsmouth, we’re experts in a range of beauty treatments that can give you gorgeous skin, renewed confidence and even a more youthful look. Today, let’s focus on dermal fillers – an injectable treatment that’s long-lasting, as subtle or dramatic as you choose, and could even be reversed if you change your mind. Here’s where to have it, why, and the many reasons we love it.
What are dermal fillers?
Fillers are an anti-ageing treatment that can be used in many areas of the face and even in targeted areas of the body (such as the backs of the hands). As the name implies, they can ‘fill’ an area with restored volume and plumpness while smoothing out the skin.
Where can I have fillers?
Dermal fillers are typically used in these areas:
- The lips – this can help to pump up the volume, fix an asymmetrical lip and enhance their shape, size and definition.
- The cheeks – plumping and sculpting are the main uses for dermal fillers in this area, and best of all there’s a youthful finish without a ‘frozen’ appearance (unlike some other injectables).
- The nose – one of the most surprising uses of dermal fillers is a non-surgical nose job, which can refine the silhouette of the nose by strategically injecting down the hump or tip.
- The chin, neck and jaw – these areas can sag with age and associated loss of volume. Injections of dermal filler can help reduce this while improving front and side profile.
- Lines and wrinkles – deep-set lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth can virtually (temporarily) vanish with dermal fillers.
- The hands – as we’ve mentioned, treatment can help to plump the skin and disguise thick tendons and veins in the area which tend to become more prominent with age, since fat pockets can shift.
- Scarring – dermal fillers can also be used to treat scarring, though this is on a case-by-case basis and other treatments may have a more effective result.
Why have dermal fillers?
Our clients love the sculpting, volumising and smoothing properties of fillers, not just for targeting signs of ageing, but for a refreshed complexion and more balanced features. To enquire about dermal fillers or book a consultation with us, get in touch with our clinic based near Portsmouth today.